Friday, February 08, 2008

the final countdown

Hey ya, So one week to go and my Dad is still here. Its been so good seeing him. Its been nearly 2 years since I've been home and I've really enjoyed a bit of family time before I embark on my next big adventure.

Speaking of big adventures, I'm moving into Peter's place tommorrow, after working my last shift at the bar tonight. I have no doubt its going to be a big one. I've invited a few of my posse (Steven and Dan, that includes you!) and its fair to say I'm going to be somewhat under the influence. Oh don't look at me like that, for feck's sake I work in a bar!

On Sunday Dad and Peter are going to meet fot he first time at a New Years celebratory Yum Cha (I hate calling it dim sum) Peter is somewhat nervous (this may possibly be my fault due to winding him up serverly) and asked if he needs to bow when he meets him. I considered telling him my Dad doesn't speak a word of English but then woke from my moment of insanity (who knows what Peter would have said in front of him if he thought he couldn't understand. Knowing my beloved it would have been a reference to the shenanigans from the night before. Dear Lord...)

Completely off topic I've been delving further into my back catalogue of favourite tunes (thank you youtube) and have felt the need for calm of late. I guess all this moving really has left me wanting familiarity. Something soothing, something I know, something like this. How very New York of me....


1 comment:

Evol Kween said...

HOw many speedballs do you think they'd done before going on stage that night? I'vew always loved Nico's voice, so husky.