Tuesday, August 21, 2007

All you need is.... a few Asahi and some baaad sake to bring out your true feelings

Okay readers if you are of weak stomach when it comes to all things mushy, turn away now because what I am about to write makes even myself cringe at, uh, myself.

Last night Peter and I went to dinner with some of his friends who were visiting London. I seem to get on well with all of his friends and he loves that. I do too. It makes social gatherings much easier when you can sit and have a conversation and not want to stab yourself in the eye with your own chopstick.

Moving on.....
A few beers post dinner Peter and I decided to go home. We were having a mock squabble over him riding his bike and me catching a cab (he wanted me to double on his bike from Soho to Clapham South!!!) when he let slip with an 'I love....' and chickened out. We got home and I thought I should take charge.
So I said it. I, for the first time in my life, told someone I loved them. Then I cried a little (wuss!) and then he told me he loved me too and that he was scared at how I made him feel because he has never felt this way about anyone before but that being with me seemed to make everything easier and when we weren't together, the pain of missing me felt like a lump in his chest.

The scary thing is that I feel the same way. When I think about the future, he's in my plans too. And when I think of us not being together, it just wrecks me.
As much as the feminist in me tries to deny it, there is some deeper primal urge that just wants to take care of him. Do I sound completely naff and old fashioned? Probably. But its true. Is this what they mean by you just 'know' when its the right person? Then what do I do?

2 comments:

Evol Kween said...

Awww shucks, how cute, someone warmed Euro's frozen heart! :)

Evol Kween said...

OK, Daydream Nation gig.......