Friday, January 18, 2008

cannonballing into the deep end of the pool

I've been speaking to Matthew of late (the current NY manager) about all things NY and he's been cc-ing me in on all the latest so I'm some what caught up when I finally get there. A few days ago I got an email from him saying that my first big job was to organise and co-host an event 2 weeks after I start..... at the Guggenheim museum!!!!!!

I have hardly any time, I'm not sure of the specifics or even what it is I have to organise and I'm going to be running this show???? I know I know, 'Woe is me' right? I should be counting my blessings not complaining but the Guggenheim is such a beautiful impressive space and this will be my first big event to do some networking. Lets hope that New Yorkers are charmed by a nervous drinker with a painfully loud laugh...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool.

Evol Kween said...

Just give Matthew Barney a call, I'm sure he could knock together something cool. He might be able to get this chick Bjork to sing for the event? You heard of her?

euro trash said...

Yeah vaguely. Although she's a bit common don't you think? Oh God I can't believe I just said that, even as a joke about my beloved Bjork!