Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween Numero Uno

Well, its officially over. My first proper (because the lame ass kids who don't dress up, and still try to scam you out of candy back in Oz don't count) Halloween took place over the weekend (although the day itself was on Friday, many parties actually took place on Saturday) and it was as cheesy and more fun than I anticipated. Spent Halloween day waiting for trick or treaters and being prepped on the candy giving/receiving protocol (n.b put the bowl of candy out in the morning. Anyone is allowed to take candy, including adults, at any time of the day. Someone only explained this to me after I went on a 5 minute tirade when a woman came in, took a candy without asking OR saying thanks. Apparently manners are not required for this strangest of holidays...) There were some absolute cuties in store and I'll have to post the photos of them, and when I was on my way home, I stumbled across the Halloween parade in Brooklyn and got to watch that. The party that I was to attend actually took place last night. Great fun. Lots of funny costumes (slutty Colonel Sanders being one of the favorites) and lots of ridiculous ones. I had the fabulous compliment from someone saying my costume looked like a McQueen Couture dress ("Why this old thing!") I have to say I still don't quite understand this tradition. It seems to just be an excuse for girls to dress up like sluts (I've never needed an excuse) for men to dress up like women and for me to eat a disgusting amount of candy all in the name of tradition.

No comments: