Thursday, April 19, 2007

this that and the other


Just a reminder that the Mum Smokes gig is on tomorrow night at the George Tavern (Off Brick Lane) HTRK (Hate Rock Trio) are playing too. There will be a few Melbourne gig regulars there that I haven't seen in nearly a year so it should be good craic.
I finished my English teaching course last week (heaven help the engrish speakers I'll be teaching)and have just applied to teach English at this summer camp in Florence for a month. Can I not decide where I'm bloody going?!?
Just bought tickets to see hip hop/ noise freakery band the blood brothers (evol if you're not already a fan, you should be) Now the torturous wait until the gig in July.....
I'm finally going to get my ass to dover st market tomorrow. I can already feel my pants being soiled at the thought of all that good design under one roof.
Okay the weather is too lovely to be cooped up in this internet cafe. Toodles xx

4 comments:

Evol Kween said...

Fucking LOVE Blood Brothers. Saw them at the Corner 18 months ago. Billy and Johnny are hysterical on stage.

Wouldn't say they have a hip-hop influence though Euro? Their roots are in early hardcore, but they've been demented by technical metal and pop musak, I reckon.

Check out Johnny and the drummer's side project, Neon Blonde - absolutely warped pop that will blow your freaking mind!

euro trash said...

dude there are totally hip hop undertones in their beats. I'm thinking minor 70's Cool Herc-ish... or I could just be talking crap : )

Evol Kween said...

That's so out there hearing Cool Herc in Blood Brothers. I love it!
When are you going to that Daydream Nation gig?

euro trash said...

Its in August. It was so popular when tickets were released that they are now playing it 3 times, all of which are sold out. It makes me want to list dream album gigs....