Thursday, April 24, 2008

the trials and tribulations of Euro.....

Hello Strangers,

So I went into my classic blog hybernation for a month while things here were mondo busy. What was that? You want to know what I was up to? Oh, alright, if you really must.....


  • I had my long awaited return trip to London to see my beloved . I also got to catch up with aguyandhismac and wordage. I love seeing those two. We always seem to have such a laugh. They're so happy and in love it just makes me want to squeeze them. As for seeing Peter, its funny but it wasn't how I thought it was going to be. It was great don't get me wrong, and there were tears for both of us at the airport when he came to pick me up, but, oh I don't know, what was I expecting? A welcome back parade? Living in a seperate country to your beloved is hard. You are tied to someone, yet you're now living sort of a single life. Does that make sense? I guess I didn't understand at first that Peter had to adjust to life without me (and me without him) and that it shook things up coming back. We're much better now though and I'm happy to say he is coming over in a month and a half for 2 weeks and I can't wait. Now if only I could get a set date from aguyandhismac about coming over....
  • Speaking of visitors, I had my friend Tom come over from London a couple weeks ago. He's like the boy version of me (sorry sweetie, but you are) and it was fun showing off all the cool places I've discovered so far. I'm really settling into life here (I had such a Sex and the City moment the other day. I was running across the street, ducking between yellow cab, wearing these new baby heels I bought, with my oversized sunglasses on and my trenchcoat flapping in the breeze. I've never felt so NY) Tom bought me this AMAZING present as a thank you. Its a Star Wars pop up book, which is going to be the next blog post (I promise)
  • I moved to the super cool neighborhood of Williamsburg in Brooklyn (cool neighbours: Sufjan Stevens, Black Dice, Gang Gang Dance) and have enjoyed getting to know the 'burg. My flatmates are pretty awesome as well. I'm teaching them how to be self depricating (finally, some Americans who can take the piss out of themselves) and I am adoring living with a dog again (French Bulldog named Colby if you must know) My flickr is about to be taken over with shots of Colby. Not to mention, I get to spend my rare spare time legitimately going through second hand stores looking for pieces for my room. I scored the most beautiful 1920's desk from France from the thrift store I volunteer at the other day for an absolute steal. Noice one.

Okay, not to end so abruptly, but I gotta get my ass to the gym before work. I will continue this post later my darlings. Kisses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, honey, we think you and your beloved are pretty damn lovely too.

The whole long distance thing can be rough. Great news that he's booked his flight.

I'd love to come to NYC sometime later this year. I need to sit down one night with my magazine's production schedule and work out when I can manage it.

Looks like the west coast trip (to LA, San Fran and Vegas) will be a separate trip to that of NYC (just because of the amount of holidays I can take at any one time).

I get five weeks holiday per year so there's no problem with two trips to the States this year. Plus, the trip across the pond doesn't take very long.

BA flights to NYC are on sale at the moment. Something like £250 return.

Where will you be for Christmas?

Evol Kween said...

Hey! I thought I was the boy version of you. OK, the gay, boy version of you. Whichis basically you anyway, right? RIGHT

euro trash said...

Evol- you ARE the gay boy version of me (which as you so kindly pointed out, is me. I'm just post-op trannie) Tom is like the straight boy version of me. Why are all the people who are like me, boys?

Steven- I'll be having my first Christmas in NY and you and dan are more than welcome to joind Peter and I here. Its supposed to be magical here then.