Monday, February 11, 2008

worlds were colliding... and it was fine

So yesterday was the big day when Peter finally met my Father. My poor beloved was nervous as as hell, and secretly I had a few butterflies myself but it all went absolutely swimmingly and I'm expecting to hear nothing but good reports from my father today.

We all met up for Yum Cha in Chinatown to celebrate New Year and Peter was at his most fraudulent best, being more charming and polite than I've EVER seen him. I spent half the time giggling behind my tea cup. I think Dad thought he was great though because he could see how happy he makes me, and who wouldn't want that for their child?

After lunch, we rolled out of the restaurant to wander through Leicester Square and then continued down to Picadilly Circus, through St James's Park (to enjoy this glorious sunshine. Isn't London fab-u-lous at the mo?) and down passed Westminster and Big Ben.

After the most wonderful day yesterday, I couldn't be more happy...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah... so glad it went well!

How did things end on Friday night? Sorry we had to dash... would have loved to be there 'til the end.

You have time for a coffee this week? I'm at a conference thingy Wed/Thurs, but can do Friday. Any chance?

Evol Kween said...

yay! Glad it went well. And Peter's a bit of cutey too! But then, we all know you've got great taste in boys, Ha!