Friday, February 02, 2007

emptying my blog bowels

So its been a while since I've blogged. I thought I had nothing to say. Turns out I was just being lazy and now have the blog runs and feel the need to empty my mental bowels onto my beloved readers (evol, it pretty much just you)
So heres the update on the last few weeks.....

  • I'm still jobless. Turns out I have to pretty much start my career from scratch again, as no one cares about you unless you have UK experience. Its so much harder here than I thought it was going to be. Most of the people I know here (all 10 of them) have gone on holidays and my flatmates aren't exactly the 'hey lets have a beer' type so its been kinda lonely. I miss having a routine. I know I can be a bit of a workaholic and I needed a break before I just plain old brokedown but its just getting ridiculous now. I'm not ready to go back to Oz so each day I've been playing out the 'where am I going to move to?' fantasy. I thought about going back to Barca but a lot of my friends there are moving on so I would probably be lonely there too. NY is still there but what if its harder than here, then chances are I would definitely have to go home. I've actualy been thinking about moving to Tokyo. I love it there and I've planned on doing the course so I can teach English anywhere, so why not?


  • On a happier note I saw a great exhibition the other week by this group called DA! (direct action) They take over squats (until they get kicked out. They went to court last week for the last place they wre in) and turn them into art/music spaces for up and coming artists who don't have much money but want to exhibit work. It was really inspiring and they seem to have a 'the more the merrier' attitude so I am going to try and get some work in the next squat. I am also getting some pieces together for a show back home in Qld. Its nice to be doing something creative again. I've also been eyeing off yet another guitar.... I know where my first pay cheque is going....

  • Some good gigs are coming up but I really can't wait for the 'All Tomorrow's Parties' festival. This year looks to be freaking awesome, especially because 'Mum Smokes' (on my list of top 5 friend's band that are brilliant) will be coming over from Melbourne to play. Woo Hoo!!!

  • Hi God People (another one of the top 5 friends bands) borrowed some of my instruments for a performance back home. I've never been given the privilege to perform with them but now my instruments have. I'm getting closer, surely....

  • It actually snowed here the other day and I got to throw a snow ball at some kid. There's a school right behind my flat and it was during school lunch time so there were plenty of other misfits to blame it on. The perfect crime. brwwaaaa hahahahahahaha



3 comments:

Evol Kween said...

Chin up mate, your in LONDON! Shot will work out eventually.

You've got to start reading and commenting on other blogs! Build up your readership! Read some UKL blogs and make friends?

euro trash said...

I know, I'm just being a whingey weiner. And I should be more grateful that I am in London afterall. I've been speaking to some friends and it turns out that everyone goes through this shit, its just so painful that they supress the memory and never speak of it again. So in other words, Its all good!

Anonymous said...

I be enduring infer from a few of the articles on your website at this very moment, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites net page muster and resolve be checking stand behind soon. Please repress in view my put as ok and leave to me be acquainted with what you think. Thanks.