Saturday, February 24, 2007

Are you going to finish that?

So after the excitement of getting this job I decided to take myself out to lunch. Something I haven't done once since being here. Off to Chinatown I hopped to fulfil a dim sum desire that had been brewing for sometime. I bought a magazine (also something I haven't done in a long time) and went to this new place that looked ok. I ordered 3 of my favourite things and waited. And waited. And waited some more. When food finally arrived at my table it looked suspiciously unlike what I ordered but I thought maybe they do things differently here. I put chopstick to roll and then to mouth and took a bite. I knew straight away this wasn't mine so I put it back on the plate and flagged over the waiter to tell him. He then realised he had given me the food meant for the woman sitting behind me. Okay slight mix up thats fine. What happened next still has me dry heaving. He said to her (its was all in Mandarin so don't expect a fabulous translation from me) that these dishes were meant for her, oops, sorry. He put one untouched dish down and then put down the dish with the ROLL WITH THE BITE TAKEN OUT OF IT. I was frozen and wanted to turn around to see if maybe he had just put it down for a second whle he was talking. Yes, surely thats what he's doing. No one in their right mind would accept food that has been partially eaten. And its not like it wasn't clear that a bite had been taken out of it. It was a roll for fucks sake that came up short compared to the other 2 on the plate. What is it, the runt of the roll litter? Okay, so maybe he said to her she could have it for free or something because of the mix up. I bided my time until she went to the bathroom to turn around to see my half eaten foodstuff sitting on a plate. Gone. Lets get this straight, she not only accepted food that had been eaten but then ate the remains. I mean for fecks sake, who knows where the hell my mouth has been? Why would you do that? SHE ATE THE FUCKING ROLL I HAD MY MOUTH ON. Is this just me or is this completely insane? I then went to a guitar exhibition that was amazing I think. I don't really remember. I couldn't concentrate. All I could think about was that roll and it was all I could do from not vomiting all over the first electric guitar ever made.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

wow....that is really insane...I'm sitting here wondering if I should laugh or throw up....

euro trash said...

throw up first and then laugh. Its the order in which I did it and now I find that story hilarious... wait it still makes me a little sick