Sunday, December 03, 2006

5 camels and a sack of cous cous. Thats my highest offer!


So I have finally made the trek across the waters to African shores and am kickin' back Moroccan style. Drinking copious amounts of mint tea, watching the snake charmers (from a painfully safe distance) and just generally feeling like an extra on a Monty Python spoof of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves. Its all a bit ridiculous really, how many cliches about this place are true. Especially the attention foreign women receive. I can't go ten paces without something being said, an offer being made for me to join their harem or just general leering and whistling. Its all pretty harmless..... I think.

That being said, if you don't hear from me for a while and someone shows up on my parents doorstep offering them 5 camels and a sack of cous cous for my hand in marriage,
SEND HELP!!!!

No comments: