Monday, December 25, 2006

and so this is christmas?

Righto, Christmas blog time. Made it back to merry old London town with only a slight hiccup of crazy bomb scare at Paris airport. Kind of scary. I got to the airport and there were thousands of people outside and I thought to myself "Man, I knew it was going to be busy but this is crazy!"
I pushed my way to the front of the doors to finally realise that there was no one inside and that some army Frenchie was yelling at me to get back. My stupidity sometimes never ceases to amaze me.
So I found somewhere far back to wait (and duck and cover if the need be) and smoke the dregs of my rollies while I waited for the all clear.......
..... hours later we finally got the all clear and the rush into the airport was like the running of the bulls. Fuck women and children first, it was every man for themselves.
I managed to only get here a few hours off schedule and luckily catch the last of the public transport options (for some idiotic reason, public transport DOESN'T operate on Christmas day. Oh the joy I have of an hour and a half walk to the restaurant today. Not to mention the hour and a half back after getting 'festive')

Back to all things joyful. Hope you are all having a merry one and are getting drunk and telling the family what you really think of them. Christmas just isn't christmas without one druken slag off.

No comments: