Monday, December 11, 2006

Strangers with Candy


I'm hanging around Barca for a few more hours until my bus to Lyon tonight catching up on emails and blogs plus watching some of my favourite scenes from Strangers with Candy (the series, not the movie) For those of you unaware SWC is an absolutely hysterical show from 1999 based around Jerri, a 46 year old high school drop out going back to school and going through the 'normal' problems that any teenager would. Its so wrong its hysterical. I can't pick one episode to post so here are my all time top 5 quotes from the show.

5. (Poppy applying homemade glint of Jerri's on her lips)
Poppy - My lips feels numb
Jerri - Yeah its gonna numb it. Actually its gonna numb where ever you apply it which can
be a godsend. I used to apply it liberally when I did this donkey show it Tijuana....

4. The Downs lost a child and I lost a turtle. Which is the greater loss? I don't know

3. I gotta get laid. My bacon strips are sizzlin'

2. Befriending new people can lead to having sex with your children..... accidentally

1. Stoney and I would go over to Buckles and Puff would turn us on to a hot load of mescaline crumbled into a tumbler of eather with a float of a Perocet jimmies. I'd wake up with blood on my ass, then we got high. Those were some good times!

1 comment:

Evol Kween said...

I love the one where Jerri makes that intense drug (is that Jerri's Glint?) and gives it to the cheerleader who ends up thinking she's a fly and killing herself by running full pelt into the Gym doors.

And also the one where Jerri is about to have sex with one of thekids, and she strips of her pant and she's got this Captain's Bell hangin from her pink bits.