Saturday, June 09, 2007

blogger hijinx, sparkly skulls and working the pumps

  • So this weekend is shaping up to be a good one. Partly because the festivities started on Thursday with Steven when we had planned a catch up and a coffee, which turned into two, which turned into a lovely stroll through London, which obviously turned into an early drinking session. There is nothing more luxurious than drinking in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week. Steven led me to a cute little bar in Soho, where we settled in with a few pints of Kirin and happily peopled watched whilst simultaneously keeping our eyes on the very cute hobbit-esque barman (there is something so adorable about guys who could fit in your top pocket) Although my chances of scoring with the hobbit may have reduced somewhat when Steven, a few pints in asked 'If you'd want to fuck her?' (do you even remember that?!?) Before we knew it we were surrounded by the after work drinks crowd and a couple of decent looking Aussie boys had taken up residence at our table. I couldn't help but notice one kept giving me the eye (he's only human) Giving my best impersonation of coyness, I shyly smiled back and started a conversation. At this point Steven got the camera out and demanded an on screen pash (dear lord, have you looked at that footage yet?) at which point I think the evening started getting messy when we all had a discussion about the greatness of my boobs and about female genitalia (stop dry heaving evol) Before it got really out of hand we decided it was time to leave but not before a certain blogger had started to piss on a well lit street corner and be interupted mid-stream by the police telling him off. Good Times!


  • I started a new job working for this cool bar (I've totally gone all Coyote Ugly) 5 minutes from where I live. I had my first shift last night and although it was really hard work I made some good tips (especially after I initiated the wet t-shirt competition) and got free food and booze, so whats not to like?


  • I caught the new Damien Hirst exhibition. Lordy. Talk about being blinded by the light. The centrepiece of the show is the £50 million skull covered in flawless diamonds. Its in a completely blackened room with the exception of one spotlight above it and you really do feel its gravitational pull when you're in there. Other highlights were the shark in formaldehyde that had been split down the centre and placed in two seperate tanks that you could walk between and his series of paintings on the birth of his first child which is so out of his norm and were these emotionally charged pieces that I think has put him in a new light.




  • Today its off to frollick down at Southbank and the launch of the renovated Royal Festival hall and a quick dim sum I think. Gawd, life's tough these days....

1 comment:

Evol Kween said...

That's why I only ever served you one beer a day back at Pound. Hirst's skull is SO over the top.