Sunday, March 11, 2007

start spreadin' the news.....

So a week into my shiate job and I packed it in. Refusing to be treated like a peasant for peanuts, I told my boss that I had a better job offer and was moving on. Needless to say the tight arse queen of darkness was less than pleased but I realised that it was unlikely that the situation would improve and I would end up even more unhappy than before I started there. I spoke to the parental units (who normally are not big on dishing out the useful pearls of wisdom) and they reminded me of something I had completely forgot.

I had planned to move to New York if it didn't work out here. And from where I'm standing the English cosmos are politely giving me the finger and telling me to bugger off elsewhere. So I am. Or so I hope anyway.... I'm in the process of applying for the visa lottery and am schmoozing up to the old designers who had once made a promise to me before I left that if I did go to the big apple, then they would hire me for the NY store and let me stay in their apartment until I found my own place.

I've decided to leave it up to fate and if I'm supposed to be in NY then I'll get my visa no probs and if not, well then I'll just stick to the bar jobs (its taken me a long time to realise that I'm only in my mid 20's and its ok to take a couple years out of my career life to work in bar jobs and enjoy myself) spend every last penny travelling and finally make my way home.

4 comments:

Evol Kween said...

OMG the bands you are going to see in NY *sigh*

Steven said...

Good luck! I hope it all works out.

Steven said...

Check out the latest issue of New York magazine, it has a great feature entitled: New York vs London. They are two of my favourite cities. Should make for a good read.

Which green card lottery service are you using and how much does it cost?

Anonymous said...

Good luck getting a visa for NY!